http://feedpress.me/PaulAndTomShowPodcast
HOME | HUGE RADAR | WARNINGS! | INDIANA WEATHER BLOG | PET PALS | VOICE OVER | PAUL & TOM | SMOKIES | BIO
Paul Poteet On Video Paul Poteet Voice Over Demo
 
PP on FacebookPP on TwitterPP on Instagram PP on LinkedIn PP on Youtube Email Me RSS Feed
 INDIANAPOLIS RIGHT NOW: Mostly Cloudy & 72 via the Trust Homesense Heating & Cooling Thermostat.  (Indiana Conditions)
 INDIANAPOLIS FORECAST:  Scattered showers & storms Saturday. High 84. (Indiana Forecasts)    ANYWHERE:   
HOME | HUGE RADAR | WARNINGS! | INDIANA WEATHER BLOG | PET PALS | VOICE OVER | PAUL & TOM | SMOKIES | BIO
Paul Poteet On Video Paul Poteet Voice Over Demo
 
PP on FacebookPP on TwitterPP on Instagram PP on LinkedIn PP on Youtube Email Me RSS Feed
 INDIANAPOLIS RIGHT NOW: Mostly Cloudy & 72 via the Trust Homesense Heating & Cooling Thermostat.  (Indiana Conditions)
 INDIANAPOLIS FORECAST:  Scattered showers & storms Saturday. High 84. (Indiana Forecasts)   

Indiana’s Weather For Friday

July 13, 2012

seven-day-indy-scaled

Maybe it was bad luck to expect a nice rain on Friday the 13th. It now looks unlikely. Just like Jason in the movies – we can’t kill this drought.

The day starts with a weak area of low pressure lifting limply to the north. But not far enough for any big rain in central Indiana. Precipitation totals probably won’t get past a quarter of an inch along the the thirsty I-70 corridor. Here’s the latest 5 Day Precip forecast. The biggest chances for rain remain in southern and southeastern Indiana.

Rain chances in the Indianapolis area today are about 30 percent this afternoon and evening. The chance does increase slightly to 40 percent Saturday, but it’s right back to 30 percent Saturday night and Sunday. Winds shifted to the south last night, so expect to feel more humidity now through the weekend.

The latest Drought Monitor now places Indianapolis in the “extreme” category. The area of extreme drought across the state increased about 6 percent from the week before, and now covers a third of Indiana. Drought conditions are now at least “severe” over 80 percent of the state. That’s over a 20 percent jump from the week before. If you look at an analysis of precipitation over the last 7 Days it’s easy to see why things only got worse, especially right across the heart of Central Indiana.

With rain chances smaller, temperatures are taller. The streak of 90 degree weather should hold. We still have to go back to June 26th to find a high not in the 90s. (Or in triple digits.)

That would make today the 17th consecutive 90+ day in Indy. We are chasing a really recent record. (Last year.)
Consecutive 90s in Indy:
Rank # Days End Date
1 23 8/ 8/2011
2 19 8/26/1936
3 18 7/30/1901
4 17 (if today hits 90)
5 15 7/17/1936

INDY ALMANAC:
The average high today is 85 and the average low is 66. Records are 103 and 49. The sunrise time is 6:29 it sets at 9:13.

PAUL’S PREVIOUS PREDICTION:
Yesterday’s forecast high was 93. The actual high was 95.

UV INDEX:
9 (Very high.)

POLLEN COUNT:
“Low-medium” today, dropping to “low” Saturday, and back to “low-medium” Sunday and Monday.

DETAILED INDIANAPOLIS FORECAST:
Today: Mostly to partly sunny. Slight chance of scattered afternoon showers and storms. High 90.

Tonight: Slight chance of a few scattered evening storms. Partly cloudy. Low 69.

Saturday: Partly to mostly cloudy, with shower and storm chances. High 88.

Saturday Night: Slight chance of showers and storms. Low 72.

Sunday: Partly sunny, with a slight chance of showers and storms. High 91.

Sunday Night: Partly cloudy. Low 73.

Monday: Mostly sunny. High 94.

Monday Night: Mostly clear. Low 74.

Tuesday: Mostly sunny. High 95.

Tuesday Night: Mostly clear. Low 77.

Wednesday: Partly sunny. Slight storm chances. High 97.

Wednesday Night: Partly cloudy. Slight storm chances. Low 75.

Thursday: Mostly sunny. High 95.

Previous post:

Next post:

Enter your e-mail address: